Saturday, December 13, 2008

Decking the Halls

With less than two weeks until Christmas, we finally got our tree up today!! I think that is the latest that we have ever done it. I cannot tell you how tempting it was to just skip doing it this year. Ah...but tradition....and the kids....wouldn't allow us to skip the tree. Once it is up and beautiful, I usually am pretty glad about it, too.

The kids did really good decorating this year. It didn't feel quite as much like a tornado whipping through my house as it has in years past. I'm sure that it is a combination of my kids growing older and their mom relaxing about it a little. They also did a better "placement" of the ornaments this year, too. It is good to see them thinking about it before they actually put them on there. The only ones that I "moved" was those ones that had fallen off the tree. Once again, I think I am relaxing. Ha. Finally.

And....after all that work....we don't have a full on view of the tree....but at least the pictures give you a taste of Christmas at our house. Enjoy!

0 comments: