Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sportscaster of the Year!

My precious Luke has quite the imagination. Half of the time, I have no idea where he has learned some of the things that he picks up. I declare he is going to have one interesting future ahead of him! The world is at his fingers and he will seize it. I predict it!!

While I was preparing the post on our Snow Adventures, he was at the table behind me. He had pulled out about 20 plastic cups and he was enjoying stacking them up as high as he could and in fun designs. When I write, I often find myself in a zone and I don't notice a whole lot going on around me. Somewhere in the midst of my focus, I began to notice what Luke was chattering about.

Crack. Me. Up.

As I listened to my son, I noticed that he was giving a blow-by-blow description of the steps that he was taking. It was just like he was a sportscaster calling a game. So, as I tried to finish my post, I found myself focusing on what he was saying. When he would have a great line, I would scribble it down so I wouldn't forget. So, here is a taste of Luke: Sportscaster of the Year:

Look at Luke go----He's incredible!
Look at him go....he's doing great!
Good! Now it's time for the Table Maker.
If you make the biggest, you won! He makes two in a row. Oh! He knocks it over. He recatches! Did you see that? Wow!! Look at him go!
He zig zags again! He's working hard.
That is so amazing!
Look at that Zig Zagger go! How did he do that?
It's my imagination!



Oh he was so adorable. Too bad you all couldn't have gotten an actual taste of his great commentary. I declare....he's going to be awesome one day!!

1 comments:

Kevin 'In Salford' said...

I've been reading back over the earlier posts in your blog, and the one thing to me that stands out is the gradual increase in your own self confidence. That's so important.

I found that reading through my own blog recently I saw the true character of me, and that makes it more important to me to overcome the setbacks I've had in past / more recent years. Maybe 'blogging' is now an unrecognised form of Therapy? Certainly I wish you and all your family luck for the future.