Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Unknown

I hate it. Plain and simple. I hate it.

I am not sure there is anything good to say about the Unknown. It is stressful. It leaves way too much open for speculation. For a pessimist....speculation is never good. What is that old adage? Prepare for the worst, expecting the best. I'm sorry. One cannot prepare for the worst without expecting the worst, too. Besides, with the unknown, there is no preparing. And I think that is the root of my issue with the Unknown.

On the other hand, expecting the best seems like a recipe for failure and disappointment. What am I saying? (I'm totally chastising myself here.) I just threw Hope under the bus. Yet as I dance around with Hope and the Unknown, I feel like I am spinning out of control and about to be broadsided by a roaring bus.

Which one wins? Hope? Or the Unknown?

I'm trying to cast my vote for Hope.

1 comments:

Heasleye said...

Hello! My name is Elaine (Smith) Heasley and I'm married to Seth Heasley. We both went to George Fox. I was on the same RA staff as your husband and Seth majored in engineering with him. :)

I figured I should stop checking into your blog as the lurker I've been for a few months and say hello and I enjoy your posts.

I can relate to the feeling of being pulled between Hope and the Unknown. I hope that God provides you the peace you need in your situation so that you can Hope in Him, no matter the outcome.

Blessings,
Elaine

http://www.heasley.net/eblog/