Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday....Snow Day Style

After a week of my schedule and plans being thrown off, I am proud to say that we survived the first round of winter storms for the Portland Area. That alone is something to be thankful for. The forecasters say there is another round of storms to come, so I guess I better get busy and be thankful. I may just be grumbling in a couple. I'll pray that we keep it all together though!!

So, this week I am thankful for:

  • A warm house. As the weather dipped to the low 20s this week, I have been so thankful for a warm, dry home to come home to. I have also so enjoyed my new "decorating" job. It has been a blessing to sit and enjoy it when I have felt a little stiry crazy this week. God has blessed us.
  • For the snow. Yes, I will be thankful for the snow. It was so fun to watch the kids enjoying the good, honest fun of sledding. I am thankful that we live close to the park with a great hill. (Even though, sometimes it gets overrun with big kids who don't pay attention very well!) For a couple of days, the white snow was truly beautiful to look at.
  • For Tim's safety driving to and from work. I wish he could stay home with us and have a "true" snow day. Instead, I will be thankful for his safety.
  • That the kids and I made a break for it today. Yes....we actually were able to leave the house today. Probably could have braved the roads yesterday, but the forecast sounded beyond horrible, so Tim took the van to work. I didn't want to mess with the car on the yucky roads. Today, the roads were actually very good. The kids and I made it to a couple of stores and I completed a little bit more of my shopping. That felt good. Even though I don't care for shopping that much, it was nice to get out and about.
A week until Christmas. I can't hardly believe that it is that closely upon us. Crazy. Where has the month of December gone? It really hasn't felt much like the Christmas season, as all the "celebrations" we had planned got canceled. I guess family is the true meaning of Christmas....and for that I have been blessed.

Happy Thankful Thursday....and Merry CHRISTMAS!!!

0 comments: