Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thankful Thursday

We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude.
-Cynthia Ozick

Have you ever had days where you feel like you haven't done a whole lot....but at the days end you are so exhausted that your body yearns to climb in bed? I have had one of those days. Yet on this side of it, it feels good to be on the other side.

Today I am thankful for:

  • the wise people that God has put in my life. I feel so blessed. Knowing how hard it is for me to put myself out there, God has done well to place in my life the people He has. I am so thankful.
  • For the affirmations and confirmations that I received today. They were such a tangible evidence of God's confirmation on a decision I feel He made a week ago. It took me that long to agree with Him. Life would be so much easier if I would just get in line with Him so much faster.
  • That my husband heard my exhaustion and let us go to Costco for dinner. The thought of cooking a dinner and cleaning it up was more than I was able to handle tonight.
  • That my daughter is being so much more agreeable with her piano practice. Oh how I needed that.
  • For my family. Each one of them is a precious gift in my life. Without them, my life would be so gray.
I am so blessed.

0 comments: