Saturday, March 29, 2008

35 Cheers for My Sweetie!!

I think that birthdays are pretty important. It is one of those days in your lifetime that you should be made to feel special. That is pretty easy to accomplish when you are little. A little attention goes a long way. When you become an adult, it seems like life and its duties often overwhelm the time and ability to make one feel special.

Tim, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have the same opinion about birthdays. They are just another day. Even though I think he secretly enjoys being acknowledged on his birthday, sometimes I get the impression that he would rather not be acknowledged. I don't get that.

So, today, being March 29, I have to take the time to dedicate a post about my Tim. It is his birthday, and one must be acknowledged on his birthday. Today has been busy for him with work, and kids' activities, so really, we haven't done much to "celebrate."

I feel pretty fortunate to have Tim in my life. He's one smart guy. He loves to research "stuff" to death. Sometimes that drives me a little looney, but for the most part, I am grateful for that part of him. I know that when, or if, we buy we won't be buying junk. I also know that I will be well cared for in my old age. He really does a good job in taking care of his family.

I enjoy watching my Tim play. When he plays, he plays hard. It was fun watching him play soccer tonight with Daria, her friends, and friends' parents. I enjoy watching him do his best, while allowing kids to do their best as well. He knows when to hold 'em, and when to blow it out of the water. Watch out!! My only wish is that he would take time to play more.

Tim is also a hard, dedicated worker. Whatever he sets his mind to do, he does it well. I will always be impressed at his work ethic. Whether it is something to be noticed, or nobody will ever know what he does, he works at it with all his might. He is definitely the man that you want on your team....if you want it done right. He is definitely one you want to set your standard to.

My Tim also has a subtle sense of humor. People always think he is "quiet"....maybe even a little "shy." Pshaw!! As if. You better watch what you say around him....he is probably cataloging it away for future reference. Don't be too easily fooled by that blank, innocent stare he may give you. If you have reason to suspect him of something, go right on ahead and suspect him. You may be right.

These meager words don't begin to describe my Tim. I'm not always the best at telling him how much I love him. I know I could be better at telling him how much I appreciate him and all that he does for me. I am thankful that God blessed me with a wonderful man who love the Lord with his whole heart....and even manages to some how love me in spite of all my many faults.

What more could a girl ask for.

Happy Birthday, Tim. I love you.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tribute Kip. I loved hearing what you had to say about such a special person, Tim.

Dad