Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for many things. But, I am particularly thankful for God's timing. It seems like I have been more aware of how appropriate God is in the workings of our lives. This morning, as I was getting ready for the day, I noticed that Tim had changed the verse that I had posted on the bathroom mirror. I was a little miffed because the verse I had up there had been so appropriate for my life. In fact, I kind of considered it my motto and banner for my life. Oh I should learn not to be so quick to cast judgment.

Then I get to Moms In Touch this morning. Last night, in my frazzled state, I had chosen for our Attribute of God that God is our revealer. I was in awe how that very attribute that we praised God for seemed to be so appropriate for our concerns that day. God truly is the revealer of all the we need to know. He is so good.

One mother came in with a particularly heavy heart. As we began to pray and praise God for being the revealer of all things, I was remembering that verse that Tim had placed on the mirror. The impression to share that verse with her was overwhelming. As we wrapped up the first half of our prayer time, I was physically ill with the awareness that I was to share that verse. I wasn't nervous, so I don't know why I became ill.

This was the verse that I shared: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesian 2:10. This verse is the verse that I felt that God promised me for Luke. God knew Luke and has prepared good works for him....in advance.

I don't know if the verse meant anything to the other mother....but I was in awe of God's timing today. And for that I am thankful.


0 comments: