Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Out of the mouth of babes.....

I love Luke's spontaneity. Sometimes he just blows me over with some of the things that he says. At least I always know what he is thinking. He lets everyone know!! Bless his heart.

Yesterday, he wanted me to find him this particular website to play games on. I didn't think that I knew which one it was...and I told him I didn't know. But, on a whim, I decided to try a website. As soon as it popped up, sweet little Luke declares: "That's it, Mom. You're a genius! I knew you were a genius, Mom!"

Today, as my spirits were somewhat lagging, he once again declared I was a genius, as I found the site he was looking for a second time. This time it kind of sunk in that him calling me a genius was a compliment. What a nice feeling as I allowed that thought to sink in.

Guess I can always count on my kids!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Savor those moments, my friend, because I've heard the years are coming where all you are is a Non-Genius, and nothing you do is right. Also you need to make sure you're not walking anywhere near them! Good Times.

k~

Tresa said...

Luke just said what the rest of us have always known...you are a genius! :) Kristin's right though...there will be days when mom's name is "stupid." Enjoy Luke's awe now while you can! :)

Love you...
Tresa

Christine said...

Trust me...I know my kids won't always compliment me. I often hear more of the ways that I have failed them....then the times that I do good for them. BUT....need to take note when I should take note!!

Candi said...

Kippy, that is too cute!! I love the way they think!!

I tagged you for a meme if you are up to it!