Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slippin'-under-the-wire Thankful Thursday

After a crazy, exhausting week, and a crazy, exhausting day, I almost didn't post today. For some reason, that just plain ol' felt wrong....especially on Thursday!! So, I peeled myself off the couch, left Celebrity Apprentice, just so that I could post a thought for today! Aren't you proud of me?

  • Today I am thankful for the glowing report cards that my kids received this week. Daria was stellar as always. Caden's report card showed great improvements. Not that he was ever doing poorly....but the improvements were still marked. In fact, his teacher's comments were that he went from spelling at a 1st grade level....to now spelling at a 3rd grade level!! Impressive. Needless to say, my buttons were poppin'!
  • I am thankful that Spring Break is upon us. I would be a little more excited if the rain looked like it was going to let up in the next few days. Oh well. I am also thankful that I decided to take the kids for a little trip to the beach. We are all excited to be going.
  • I am thankful I survived this week. I am thankful for my friends who encouraged me through the week.
  • I am also thankful that I can be a stay at home mom.....though it seems like I hardly "stay at home." I am thankful that I have the "freedom" to attend my kids' school things through the day. I am thankful that I can take them to their many activities. I am so glad that I don't have to pass those responsibilities off to someone else. Though at times, I feel like I am going crazy, it is still a blessing.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that was a really good Celebrity Apprentice, though, wasn't it? I was hoping Piers would get fired, but he didn't. :(

Also, yesterday (Thursday) was Maundy Thursday!

Well, see you tomorrow at the Easter Egg hunt!