Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Girl....My Girl

I'm talkin' bout My Girl!

I've Got Sunshine.....On a Cloudy Day...

One of my all-time favorite pics.....

My Girlie really can be a ray of sunshine. My Girlie turned NINE today. How quickly the years go by. It seems like just yesterday I was that oh-so-very-green Mom who brought home this precious little bundle and cried my poor eyes out. Becoming a Mom was one of the most joyous and the most scariest things I have ever done. I've often teased that the hospital should never have sent her home with me. I had NO idea what I was doing. I thought I did....and then the rubber met the road.

But oh the things that I have learned being a Mommy to my sweet Girlie. I am certainly not the person I was before she was born. Even now, as she grows, I find that I, too, must grow and change. My love for her, and her brothers, presses me onward to be a better person....so that I can be a better Mom.

Back to my Girlie. I am so proud of her. I often find myself watching her and being in awe of the beautiful, young lady that she is becoming. I see the beginnings of grace in her stance and demeanor. I see her being a friend full of compassion. I see her encouraging and uplifting those around her. I see her developing a love and passion for serving Jesus. I would love to take an ounce of credit for the things that I see developing. But, honestly, I feel like it is but for the grace of God that she is becoming what she is. I stand in awe that God has allowed me the honor of being her Mama. I have front row seats to watch the glory of my Jesus in action in my little Girlie's life.

She is a wonderful student. Sometimes it amazes me at her capacity to learn. She has a hunger for knowledge and she seeks it out. She never wants to miss a day of school. I love going to hear her teacher's reports on her at school. They are always glowing. It seems like I always come away with tears of thankfulness.

She is becoming a wonderful athlete too. I think she gets most of that from her Daddy....though I would like to think that she got a little bit of that from me, too. I love watching her play soccer. She seems to get better with every practice and every game. I love to sit still in the crowds and listen to what other people are saying. I swear that my buttons pop all the time. She is amazing.

It seems like I could go on and on. How fun it is for me to sit and reflect on my precious Girlie. She really has been a gift and a joy in my life. I probably don't give thanks for her nearly enough. She isn't perfect. Who is? But, I sure enjoy watching her growing, and becoming all that God intended her to be.


Happy Birthday, Daria!!! I love you.


0 comments: