Monday, March 24, 2008

For the last couple of months, I have been faithfully following the story of Nathan, Tricia, and Gwyneth Rose Lawrenson. I think that I first brought them to my blog here. I've learned so much about life, loving, faith, cystic fibrosis, premature birth, etc....etc...just by reading his blog. I truly am addicted to their story and am anxious to see how God will continue to glorify Himself in their lives.

On March 20, 2008, our nephew, David Howard, was born. He was a healthy baby boy weighing in at 7 lbs 15 oz. Today, he is in the NICU at the hospital in Eugene, OR. He wasn't eating, so in the process of investigation, they discovered that he has some blockage in his lower intestines. The news as of yesterday afternoon, was that they will be doing x-rays every 12 hours until Tuesday. If things have not resolved themselves with the help of enemas, etc....they will most likely be performing surgery. They will also be testing him for the possibility of Hirschsprung Disease.....and cystic fibrosis.

I am finding it very difficult to be sitting on the sidelines of this event. A part of my heart rejoices in the health of my children. I can't imagine personally having to carry the load of uncertainty that my brother-in-law and his wife are now carrying. A part of my heart cries for them, feeling their fear and taking up the cross of prayer along side them. As I have been praying for Gwyneth and Tricia, I am now praying for little David. Even as I storm the gates of heaven that David would be spared the hard road of cystic fibrosis and be completely healed, I have been praying that in whatever will be, that God would be glorified in David's life.

Please be praying for little David....his parents, Tony and Rachel, and his brother and sister, Sam and Abby.

2 comments:

Tresa said...

We're praying for little David and his family!

Anonymous said...

Will be keeping this little one and his family in my prayers. Jennie