Friday, May 23, 2008

Big Blessing.....HUGE!!

The theme in the Bethel class that I have been participating in comes from the 12th chapter of Genesis. ".....I will bless you....and you will be a blessing."

Today I was blessed. Even as I sit here, I am still in awe of the big blessing that I received today. I am so excited to share about it.

I love a pretty garden. I love to admire all the beautiful plants and how they are artfully arranged. God did a really great job when He designed plants. So many beautiful varieties!! I have always wished for a beautiful yard....I just don't know how to get there.

Since we moved into this house 4 years ago, I have been slowly adding things to my vast, empty flower beds. I think I might buy 1-2 plants a year. I hate to spend money on things that I am not sure is really what I want for the areas that I have. When my mom is in town, I like to pick her brain sometimes to get ideas.

I mentioned my friend, Jacki, a couple of days ago. She is a vast wealth of information about gardening. Her yard is so fun to walk through....she really has done an amazing job. Talking with her, I find a freedom that I haven't felt before in regards to gardening. I usually find myself bogged down with my insane lack of knowledge. I enjoy listening to Jacki because she speaks with an ease and freedom that I don't possess.

Today, she came over to my house and just blessed me. She had arranged a couple of days ago, to come over to my house and work on my big planter in the front of my house. She told me to just trust her. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I have been at the thought of her coming and helping me. She arrived today about an hour before I did. I was at a meeting. She did all this grunt work in preparing the planter for planting. She did a lot of work. On top of all that...it was raining the whole time.

So, when I arrived home, I dashed in and changed my clothes....and the real fun began. She had brought a small basket full of plants gleaned from her garden and her personal "stash." She laid them all out there....and together we planted them in there. The whole time she is just telling me all about them. I only hope that I can remember all that she said. She did tell me that she would come over later and map it out for me so that I would know names and how to care.

Isn't that just amazing?? I am in awe of her today. To so willing give of her time, her energies, her plants, and her knowledge, it overwhelms me today. When I asked her how much I need to reimburse her for it all....do you want to know what she told me???? She suggested that I give the church an extra $10 or so. Amazing. What she did for me today was worth so much more than that. Not only that....but she has promised to continue to guide me. It makes me almost want to cry. Her attention is overwhelming to me today.

Hopefully in the next day or so, I will get a picture posted. Then, as the plants grow and things become even more beautiful, I will post some more. I can hardly wait.

Thank you, Jacki. You are a blessing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo-hoo, that is so cool! Can't wait to see some pictures. Does Jacki read your blog? I didn't know she was such a green thumb!

-- Meg

Candi said...

That is great!! I'm with you, in that I want a nice yard, I'm just not sure how to get there.

We spent $100+ recently on some plants, grass seed, etc.... I got the new flowers planted (2 varieties) and darn slugs ate the flowers off of one of the varieties (see--I don't even know the names of my plants). On top of that, the two rose bushes that were here when we moved in were looking bad. I pulled some leaves off and went to Ace Hardware and came home with whole bunch of stuff to put in my yard. It seems the slugs are leaving my flowers alone, as I have several on my plants now!! I'm slowly learning!!