Thursday, May 15, 2008

Thankful Thursday

With the beautiful sunshine, the comfortable evening temperatures, and a few moments to myself (not counting the times that Daria comes out of bed....), I thought I would take a moment to be thankful.

  • Today I am thankful for the summer like weather. It was so nice to pull my shorts out of the depths of my drawers and put them on. Never mind my lily-white legs. It just feels nice.
  • As I looked out the window and gazed upon my yard with the green grass, green trees, I was pleased. I am so thankful for this house. It truly is a gift from God.
  • I am thankful that I am a stay at home mom. I am thankful for the opportunities it grants me to volunteer at my kids' school. I really do enjoy being involved....though sometimes it take more of me than I really want. BUT....I love walking by kids from school, even when I am by myself, and hearing: "Hi, Mrs. Brandt!!"
It is good to be reminded today that I truly am blessed.

(since I started this brief post: Daria was out of bed 2 times, Caden 1 time, and Luke 1 time. Ugh. Don't they know that I'm off the clock?? Even so, I am blessed.)

0 comments: