Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What to Do.....

Oh. My. Goodness.

Luke and I have been having some pretty good days together. Today, we even spent some time playing together and we had each other laughing pretty good. I couldn't have asked for a better day with him today.

Then the clock turned 3:30. The van door opened. Enters in Big Sister and Brother.

A while ago, I attempted an incentive program with my kids. The kids all started with a certain amount of dimes for the week. They could either keep them, earn more, or have them placed in my container. It never seemed to work well. If anything, it would make things worse when I would take a dime from their cups and place it in mine. Mercy. Today, Daria and Caden asked if we could start that little program again. Hmmmm.....could be interesting.

But you know, it was interesting. They want to be rewarded for their good behavior. Yet, within minutes of walking in the door from school, we have a full blown fight going on. Two kids are yelling at each other, fighting over toys and privileges. I am ready to tie them to the kitchen chairs and walk out the door.

What is it about all this? Why all the fighting and arguing? I don't know what I am going to do when they are home from school for the summer.

Oh well. I don't know what else to say. I hadn't wanted to get on here and vent again. I thought I would have a fun post for today. I think that went flying out the van door when the kids climbed in today.

Maybe I will just pray for a better day tomorrow.

0 comments: