Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pride

If you ever needed a picture of Pride. Here it is.



Caden's very first soccer season is coming to an end. He has one final game....but tonight was the pinnacle of the season as his team gathered to celebrate a season full of fun. He has been beside himself for about a week now in the anticipation of the celebration tonight.

Unfortunately for me, tonight was a busy night. I missed the grand celebration as I took Daria to her soccer practice. When I walked in the door tonight, Caden was thrilled beyond words to show me his very first soccer trophy. He is so incredibly proud of it. He wanted me to email the picture to his cousins, Alyssa and Kyle. When I told him that I would post it on my blog....and anyone could see it....you should have seen his eyes light up. Christmas in May. He could hardly contain himself.

So, there he is. He wanted me to be sure and tell everybody what it says on his trophy. So, to honor his request, the trophy says:

Smackers
Caden Brandt
2008

We are all very proud...to say the least.

6 comments:

Tresa said...

Alyssa, Kyle, and Auntie Tresa think your trophy is wonderful Caden!!!! Way to go! We love you and are so proud of you!

Lyssa said...

Hey Caden! AWESOME JOB with soccer! i remember getting my first medal :) love you!

~Alyssa

Anonymous said...

Wow!

I'm glad someone took a picture so we could all admire your trophy and great smile. You're the greatest and your Grammy loves you.

far-GRAMMY

Anonymous said...

Caden,

Awesome! What a wonderful experience. Keep up the good work!
Lots of love,
Papa

Angie said...

Super Job, Caden!!! My boys love to play soccer, too! 3 Cheers for YOU!!!...from all the way down in the land of Mickey Mouse, Orlando, FL!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Caden! I still have my first soccer trophy, after almost 6 years!

Christine, reply to the email I sent you. LOL.