Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Art imitates Life....Again.

My kids are not the cleanest monkeys in the jungle, if you know what I mean. My biggest pet peeve right now is their blatant disregard for picking up the house. When they are done with the cups, bowls, or plates, they often end up on the floor. Wrappers randomly make it all the way to the garbage can. And if they should happen to put away something they were using, I would probably fall over from shock!! Like I said yesterday, I love my kids. They are so incredibly precious. They also never sees to shock my socks off.

I volunteered at the school yesterday. Part of my time was to help monitor the lunch time during Caden's lunch hour. Due to poor weather, the older kids were having P.E. in the "lunchroom;" thus, the little kids were having lunch in their classrooms. I was enjoying watching the kids eat, listen to a story, and talk quietly amongst myself. The room that they were eating in was Caden's classroom. Caden was eating at his desk.

As lunch went on, I noticed some kids would brush crumbs and juice box wrappers straight onto the floor. I wasn't horribly surprised by that. As Caden was eating his graham crackers, I noticed he had quite a few crumbs on his desk. I really didn't give it much thought, it was just an observation. During the course of time, I noticed Caden finish his lunch and start to pack up. This is where the shock value comes in. He takes a look at the crumbs, which I assumed he would either leave there or brush onto the floor. He does neither. He walks over to the cleaning supplies that I have seen them use in their end of the day routines, he picks up the little broom and dust pan, walks over to his desk, sweeps the crumbs into the pan and throws them away!!

WHAT????? WHO IS THIS CHILD AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SON????

Clearly, I have never been more shocked in my entire life. Why is it that I never see anything of this magnitude in my home? I feel robbed and cheated. I demand a recount!!

Later that afternoon, I was reading the comics and I came across Baby Blues. I have often said that I think the creator of this cartoon has a window into my life. I relate to this comic more times than I care to admit. It was a little eerie today when I saw this:

Just call me Wanda.

0 comments: