Friday, April 4, 2008

Not as I had planned....

Today was my day to be the Princess for the Day. Or so I thought, anyway. It all goes back to my weird thoughts for birthdays. All my well laid plans for my birthday got altered. Even so.....it was a nice birthday.

Today...Tim was going to take a half day off for my birthday. We were going to go to the Tulip Fields and enjoy the beautiful flowers. Yesterday would have been the perfect day with all sunshine. But...today...Fate was not in my favor. As I drove down to meet Tim at work, it just poured and poured and poured. So, we opted to not go to the Tulips today. Another day. Hopefully. Tim stayed at work.

The kids and I then went to Sleighbells and I bought my own Webkinz. My kids have gotten me totally hooked on them!! Ridiculous. The kids were actually quite generous and let me have some time on the computer first....without competition. That is a pretty awesome gift.

After Tim arrived home from work, we set out to have dinner at my favorite place, Red Robin. Crazy. It was just packed to the gills. Second choice for the night....Chinese food. Not too bad of a change. The kids actually ate their American food quite well....and Tim said he liked his as well, if not better, than Red Robin.

The kids are going a little crazy right now, with praise music blaring and races around the kitchen table. When I am done here, I am totally diving into this totally delicious-looking, yummy-smelling chocolate cake that my wonderful friend, Shannon, baked and dropped off for me. Wasn't that just the sweetest thing ever?

So, even though my Princess Plans didn't pan out like I had hoped for....it was still a great day.

No complaints.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for your birthday! I just put your card in the mail today--though I wrote it a week ago! May you be blessed in everything you do!

Unknown said...

Also, what the heck is a Webkinz? This I do not know.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like a fun day! What kind of Webkinz did you get? What's your username? I'll request to be your friend!