Friday, April 25, 2008

Oh the Pure Madness.....

I don't typically like to get involved in the latest crazes of the day....why should I be just like everyone else???? I especially avoid crowds at all costs. The push of people...and the rudeness that typically surrounds crowds just really turns me off. Ugh. There is no quicker way to get me grumpier than a Mama Bear coming out of hibernation!

Today, I found myself surround by people consumed with the "latest" craze....and we were definitely a crowd. I know that I have mentioned before that my kids have gotten me caught up in the Webkinz craze. I really enjoy playing the games on line. And decorating the Webkinz rooms is kind of like have a virtual doll house. For whatever reason....I enjoy it. I'm finding that I am not the only other adult that is getting caught up in the craze.

Today started Webkinz Extravaganza. Certain participating stores were having a special event that was hosted by the creators of Webkinz. For whatever reason, I decided that it would be fun to take my kids down to participate in the fun. Besides....I kind of wanted to see what they were going to do. So, today, close to the time that the fun was to begin, we headed down there. Naively, I thought that it wouldn't be all that busy.

Whatever.

I was so completely wrong. It was a madhouse. A complete madhouse. People were grabbing webkinz left and right off the shelf. The checkout line wrapped around the store in a serpentine fashion....and supposedly the "event" wasn't even scheduled to officially start yet!! So, unbelievably here I was with my arms loaded with Webkinz (granted....some were Daria's, Caden's and Luke's. I will admit that a couple of them were mine!) standing in line with rude, crazy people all around me, sweating as my kids asked me question after question after question.

Unbelievable. I have no idea what possessed me to do such a silly thing. The whole thing had every ingredient that spells disaster, stress, and grumpiness for me.

I did get quite a laugh out of today's adventures into the Wilds of Webkinz Extravaganza, though. While we were standing in line with arms loaded, I noticed Daria's soccer coach in there with his daughter. I was a little embarrassed as I stood there with overflowing arms. Sheepishly, I had to admit that I was a Webkinz addict, too. He just laughed.....and then he admitted that he had two of his own. I did notice him later scouring the shelves as well. I don't know if he officially purchased any...but I did noticed that his daughter had about 4 in her arms!!

Ridiculous. Completely ridiculous.

I think I need help......

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not alone. I've got one too. See, I have this thing for raccoons, and they went and retired the raccoon, so I had to have it! Her name is Stacey, and she's got a garden and a fun western-ish room, plus a guest room done in the new pink theme. Yep, I'm addicted!