Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bummer, dude.

The kids were fixed to go to Tilikum today. I have been oh-so-excited for them. What a great place to go....for school. The forecast has been downright icky....but I kept hoping that God would do His awesomeness and do a great surprise weather-wise.

Woke up this morning with it just pouring like crazy. The forecast was saying that the rain would decrease and change to showers. Well, at 8:00 this morning, I dropped the kids off and was informed that they weren't going to Tilikum after all. They would be staying at the school and doing something. I will be interested to hear what that something was.

The other disappointing thing, for me, is that I had convinced Tim to take the day off and be a chaperon today at Tilikum. I have been so excited for my kids that he was going to do this. As far as I know, Tim is still with the kids at school. I dropped them off together today and no one has called to be picked up. But, I am disappointed that Tim's chaperoning experience isn't what it was cracked up to be. Hopefully it won't scare him away from maybe doing this again some day. Either way, I am sure that the kids are excited for him to be there. Caden was beside himself today with anticipation.

Right now, as I write this, the sun is breaking through.....a little. Still lots of darkish clouds. Oh well.

Go figure.

0 comments: