Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Week.

As the kids have been having a blast at outdoor school, I have been having a pretty good time of my own. It is nice that some of my activities that take me away from home have died off for the summer. I love that feeling of "no pressure" to go, to be, to do.

Just so that you aren't feeling too terribly sorry for me, I haven't been completely lonely. Luke is still my daily companion; and, we have a good time hanging out together. On top of having my Little Man with me, I have also had a couple of new companions to hang with.

For roughly 5 days, we have had the pleasure of dog-sitting for a friend. We've watched Dakota (I call her Dakota May) before and she really seems to fit in well.

Even Tim seems to tolerate her pretty well. Personally, I think she flirts with him every time he comes home. The kids have been thrilled to have her around. I think they overwhelmed her a little on her first day or so....but after they realized that she was more like to come "visit" their laps when they were quiet, they settled down some. They totally think we need to have a dog now. I sort of agree. I don't think Tim is quite there yet. Besides...we need a fence first. Dakota went home to her People today.

Starting yesterday and ending tomorrow, I have had the sweetest little baby in my home during the day. Her name is Helen.
Isn't she just the cutest little thing? I'm watching her during the day for Daria's teacher. Her husband had a schedule change for the summer and she needed someone to watch her this last week of school. Helen is a complete joy....a very easy and laid-back baby. Luke seems to ignore her most of the time....thought he asked me if we could keep her for forever....and then give her back. He was none too pleased to see my arms full carrying her into the YMCA when he was wanting to be carried. Sometimes it is tough growing up! Needless to say, we are having a lot of fun having Helen in our home.

So, see? I'm not bored. Not at all. Tim seemed a little relieved last night. He informed me that now that I have had my dog and baby fix, I should be set for a while.

He wishes.

0 comments: