Sunday, June 1, 2008

June

I can hardly believe that June is here. It seems like just yesterday that it was September and school was just beginning. How is it that it is now June and the End of the School Year is looming so largely? I swear I blinked.

The kids have a great last week of school ahead. Outdoor school!!! I remember going to Camp Magee for outdoor school when I was in the 6th grade. I remember anticipating it for a couple of years after my sister was able to go. It was fun. I don't remember how long we were there, but I do remember that it was overnight. It was particularly cool because I was in a cabin without a counselor. Sometimes it pays to be responsible!! What a blast.

When I think about it though, it was such a brief amount of time in the blip of school years. The cool thing about my kids' school is the week of Outdoor School. The last three days of school are wrapped up in these glorious outings. What hands-on learning they scram into those days....as well as all the memories they will make!!

To be truthful, I really wish that I was able to go with the kids this week. It has been a hard year for me in finding someone to watch Luke for me so that I could be involved in them. When Luke joins kindergarten next year, I will have more freedom to do those kinds of things. That will be fun. Thankfully,Tim gets to take the time to go with them on Tuesday.

I do get to have some fun this week, though. Daria's teacher needed someone to watch her one-year old daughter this week, so I agreed to do that. I can at least be a help that way. I can watch her and Luke at the same time. We should have a fun time.

So....the kids' week looks like this:

Monday: Magness Tree Farm. It is a beautiful place...and the kids should have a lot of fun.

Tuesday: Tilikum!!! Fun. Fun. Fun. I am so jealous......

Wednesday: Tualatin River Keepers at Cook Park in Tigard.

Each day sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun. The only downside is that forecast. Not looking so good. The kids were told to bring swimsuits and towels for Tilikum. Last I knew...the temperature is suppose to be in the high 50s.

Brrrrrr.......

0 comments: