Monday, June 23, 2008

Pride and Thankfulness

I've been mulling over these two words for a couple of days. I've been meaning to sit down and type out some thoughts. I'm finally getting around to it.

Yesterday, as I sat on my back porch enjoying the calm, peaceful evening. I was just overcome with feelings of pride and thankfulness. They really are good feelings to have. Though, sometimes I wonder where the point of pride becomes too much. But, I won't go there. I will just pray that I will be able to keep my pride in check and channel it wisely.

Daria played in a soccer tournament this past weekend. As I watched her zip around the field, I sat amazed. Where did she get all that skill? It seems like she does things with such ease. Every time she plays, I swear that I see her getting better. I was just so proud of her this weekend.

I was proud of my boys this weekend, too. We rode our bikes to church yesterday....and they managed to do it without any melt downs. I see them growing up and becoming sweet little men and I was just so proud of them. My children, to me, are beautiful. They are amazing in the things that they learn, do, and say. I was just so proud of them.

So, as I sat on my porch last night, and I looked at my pretty yard...and as I thought over my children and their health and accomplishments....I was so thankful and so very proud.

What a fun feeling.

0 comments: