Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today has definitely been a back-to-reality kind of day. Even though I say that, we all adjusted fairly well. We are all a little tired...thus we aren't as sweet as we were yesterday. Even so, I would have to say we did pretty good today. For that I am thankful.

Even though we stayed around home today, we still managed to have a full day. Daria had a friend over all day. Three boys came over and played for a couple of hours too. Later in the day, another friend came over for an hour or so to watch a movie. We were like Grand Central Station around here. Sometimes that feels wearying....but when I stop and think about it....I am thankful. Thankful that I am home so that friends can come and go. To remember to look on the flip side of things is a good skill to learn. I need to remember that little trick.

Daria also had an hour and half of soccer practice tonight. I was thankful that the sun was out from behind the clouds and things were warm. Tuesday's practice was downright cold. In fact, Tuesday's high temperature was a record low for the month of June. March in the month of June. Ugh. I was very happy to see the sun today....it seems to make like feel a little cheerier. I just sat there soaking up the warmth. It was so lovely. My arms got a little pink today, too.

Finally, I am thankful for sleeping children. Sleep has been a bit dicey around here the last couple of nights. Luke decided to have a tough night last night. He seems like he might be getting sick. I think he might have been having a fever tonight. Sent him to bed with some motrin....and hope for the best. Even so, I am very thankful that I can care for him when he needs me. It does a Mommy heart good when she is needed. Feels a truckload better than feeling like the maid. Ha!!

Slightly different feel to my Thankful Thursday post....but all that matters is that I am thankful. For lots of reasons, spoken and unspoken, I am very thankful today.

Very thankful indeed.

0 comments: