Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Boy...

The day is almost done and I haven't taken the time yet to say Happy Birthday to my Sweet Caden. Today, He turned 7 years old. It was another one of those times that apparently I blinked. When am I going to learn to stop doing that! I swear that it was yesterday that he was this sweet little bundle in my arms.

We had a full day today celebrating my little man's birthday. It was fun actually having his party on his birthday. He was having a grand time milking today for all that it was worth. So, now that all the partyers have left....quiet reigns and I can take a few minutes to honor my Caden.


When I found out Caden was going to be a boy, I was a little nervous. Growing up, it was just my sister and I in the household, and I really had no idea what it would be like to have a boy. But what a blessing having a boy was! Who knew that boys could be so much fun?

Caden is a fun-loving boy. He loves to play games. He particularly loves to win. Who doesn't? In new situations, he tends to be a little quiet....but once he feels comfortable....WATCH OUT. He can be quite the character. For the last two years, I have been praying about his "quietness" in the classroom. What a joy it has been to watch what God has been doing in Caden's life. Even my fellow Moms In Touch moms notice it....and we all rejoice.

Caden is also a good student. It is fun to watch him growing and developing his skills in school. Though sometimes I worry, Caden, and God, often prove that to be unnecessary. You'd think that I'd learn. He received a glowing report card this last term....and I rejoiced.

Caden is also a pretty talented little boy. He has developed a love for singing. I think he does pretty good. He use to never sing with his class during church....but now I often hear him singing songs. That is so fun. He also loves to play soccer...and does pretty good. I think his goal is to play better than his sister. I think that he would be able to succeed at anything he put his mind to.

The last seven years with Caden has been a joy. Full of love, laughter and adventure. I look forward to the years ahead with him, watching him grow into the young man that God is calling him to be. I'm pretty sure that God has great things in store for my Caden. I'm going to enjoy watching God's plan for Caden unfold through the years.

Happy Birthday, Caden. I love you, precious man.


0 comments: