Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Abs of Steel

Men are so full of machismo....even starting at the tender age of 6!!! Caden doesn't come across, in general, as a boy full of it.....but let me tell you....he has a hidden pool of it hiding just below the surface.

We were at Daria's soccer practice tonight. The boys like to just hang out and play with siblings of other players. They have a good time. Tonight, Caden was a little out of sorts at first so he wasn't playing much. In the course of hanging out with me, Caden got in a position where he could do sit ups between my legs. We were sitting on an incline and I was holding his legs. So...he did one UP an incline. I was impressed that he had done one...especially at an incline. He informed me that they had to do 5 during P.E.

"Wow," I exlcaimed. Caden gets a certain twinkle in his eye when he feels like he is accomplishing some momentously great thing. He accomplished those 5 sit ups...and I laid it on thick. That twinkle just gets a little brighter. So, he declares that he is going to do sit ups until Daria's practice was over. That would be 15 minutes!!

You know...the little Machismo Boy managed to do a total of 126 sit ups! I was asking him every 10 or so if his tummy hurt. Nope....(guess we'll see tomorrow morning!) He was so proud of himself. He wanted me to come home and write 22 notes so that he could give it to his classmates so that they would all know that he did ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY SIX sit ups.

Yep....the machismo starts early.

*******************************************************

On a side note, at the end of Daria's soccer practice, one of the Moms spoke to me about Luke She just praised him upside and downside. She told me how friendly he was....and that he was just so polite. He's just so cute! (Quick...duck....flying buttons.....) That was just so affirming for me to hear. What another thing to just say.....to God be the Glory!!!

0 comments: