Monday, September 3, 2007

We survived Family Camp.

I'm sitting in my house...all by myself. It is quickly going to come to an end, though. Tim took the kids to Daria's soccer practice and to the store for milk. I've been sitting here just enjoying having a few moments of quiet.

We had a good time at Family Camp. The kids seemed to do pretty good. We had a few inevitable melt downs.....but the Family Camp Pace is hard to maintain. We played HARD! I feel a little in the slumps right now. Someone passed me a note at the last session that has kind of put me in a discouraging spin. So...the quiet has been good for me. My house is in complete shambles....and my week is looking a little overwhelming at the moment. Thankfully the kids don't start school until Wednesday....so tomorrow is a little bit of a breather. So.....

The highlights of the weekend were: THE BEDS!!! I know...kind of funny. We were in one of the remodeled cabin and it was wonderful. New mattresses....queen size for Tim and I. The bunk beds were designed in such a way that each kid had their own "space" and their own lights. They had a blast. The kids spent the first hour or so jumping from their beds to ours.
Then at bed time, we would tell them to turn off their lights. Flip...flip...flip....all lights would be out. Then about 30 seconds later....flip...flip....flip....lights back on. The first night was just about endless!! I didn't think they would ever fall asleep!!

The next highlight was BEACH DAY!!! God provided the absolute best day for beach day. It was so warm that I was in my shorts and a tank top. It was so beautiful. We had a great time! We didn't win any awards for our castle....but we did make the Honorable Mention. It was hilarious. We started building our castle too close to the water...and apparently it was high tide. We soon realized that the waves were going to take it before we got judged. My Engineering Husband dug a mote clear around our castle and we managed to save it for judging. I think that was what got us the Honorable Mention. We had this big "island" and it was fun to watch! We were the spectacle of the day! The kids were disappointed that we didn't get a prize....so I think we'll do something fun tomorrow.


Note Daria's face in this last picture! It tells the whole tale!

The next highlight was Miniature Golf. The kids have been talking about that for WEEKS now. They were very disappointed that we spent all Saturday at the Beach and missed golfing. That was our first priority during Free Time. Luke thought we should do it as soon as we got out of bed that morning. The Boys played golf for over an hour. I think that Tim and the boys played it three times and Daria and I did it twice. I did notice that we don't have any pictures of that.

Daria enjoyed playing on the Aqua Jump. Tim and I went out on the kayaks....much to my dismay. Tim had to do the kayak....not a canoe...even though I told him that we would get wet buns. He didn't seem to care....and he didn't believe me. So...in order to make everyone happy...I went with him. It was nice of him to document the effects...and leave me evidence that I was correct.


Tim and Daria were also able to play Glow in the Dark Ultimate Frisbee. I think it looked like fun. I was just about to go in....but another kid wanted to go in. Then about a minute later.....they quit. Oh well..... Tim now wants to find a light up frisbee like they had.

If you look in the far right corner...you can kind of see Daria. It was hard to know who you were taking a picture of!!

All in all, it was a good weekend. I ate too much.....even though I said that I wouldn't. The food was sooooo good. The kids are already looking forward to going again next year. I might be ready to go again. I'll answer that after I wash all our dirty clothes!!

Here we are at Family Camp 2007! Have we grown?


3 comments:

Candi said...

Yep...you've grown. GREAT pictures!!

Anonymous said...

It has to be a Flashflight light up Frisbee...

Kristin said...

Love the pictures, and so glad you had a great time 8-)

K~