Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thankful Thursday....Take 3

Doing the Women's Retreat Dance right now. Leaving in about 3 hours....yahoo....But...I need to do my Thankful Thursday biz before I go. I was even thinking about it last night before I went to bed. I am finding that I am really loving being thankful.

  • I am thankful for kind words from a stranger this week. My feelings have always been a little sensitive about Wild Man Luke....yet...her words about a situation that I didn't even notice just sent me soaring. She told me that Luke was so polite and that I had done a good job raising him. Man...brings me to tears just writing about it.
  • I am thankful for the things that the Lord is teaching me....to slow down and watch closely the things around me. To fill myself with more of Him and less of me. To value and treasure and notice the little gifts that He leaves me along the way of life.
  • I am thankful for the health of my children. This week I participated in the life of a family who lost their baby to Trisomy 18. I participated through reading their blog. I read as this family, knowing the final outcome of their child, rejoiced in her birth....celebrated her 1 week birthday....and cherished every moment that God had given them. They did this all in the midst of crying out to God for a situation that really is the most difficult for the heart of a parent. I couldn't help but be thankful for the health of my children...no major complications...no life-threatening diseases. They walk. They talk. They learn. They cry. They laugh. Thank you, Jesus, thank you.
Are you thankful today? Do you have some precious gift that just needs acknowledged? May we always have our hearts turned to the Sovereign God who is all things....is above all things...and reigns eternal.

Thank you, Jesus.

0 comments: