Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Murphy's Law in Action

I am in Countdown Mode. You betcha. In roughly 53 hours, I am heading out of Dodge for Women's Retreat. I've got a list a mile long of things I want to accomplish before that time. After last night, I now also have a list a mile long of ice cream flavors I want to try at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. I have a feeling I am coming home a few pounds heavier this weekend. Oh my.

This morning, as I look at the next 53 hours, I totally have to laugh about my thoughts yesterday. The kids and I had a pretty busy weekend with Tim out of town hunting. It seemed like we were going....going...going. So, yesterday, I didn't overly push myself. I ran an errand and came home and cleaned a couple of bathrooms. I did manage to read a little....I just wanted to take it easy. I really didn't push myself too much on my To-Do List, because I figured I had plenty of time until Thursday afternoon to get it done. That was my first mistake. Every time I think I have plenty of time to get things done.....something comes in and steals it. Aaarrrggghhh! Murphy's Law...in action.

So....I will definitely be ready for RETREAT in 53 hours. Until then....I am in hyper-mode. Watch out, people, I am on the move!

************************************
On a glorious side note, I have an answer to prayer that I must report. The last few years, I have found people to watch my boys for me while I volunteered in the Daria's classroom. Last year, I had the best lady in the world to watch Luke while I volunteered in Daria AND Caden's classes. She was such a wonderful blessing in my life. She really seemed to love Luke and Luke absolutely adored her. It did my Mama's heart so good to have this lady who LOVED my Wild Little Man. I was so sad to see her move to Texas. (Just today, Luke was asking to go play at Miss Liz's house. He just doesn't understand how far Texas is!! Either that....or he just tells me "No...she didn't!)

This year, I didn't know who I was going to ask to watch Luke so I could volunteer. I had been giving serious thought to not volunteering at all this year....except through take-home stuff. Yet, God gave me a thought of someone to ask. So...I braved it....and she said YES!!! When I totally gave her "The Out" last night....meaning she could back out at any time if it became too much, she said: "Christine, I have been wanting to do something kind of like this for you for a long time, anyway." Yippee....what a blessing she is!! With her help, I can now volunteer. Caden has been asking me when I was going to come work at the school....now I don't have to disappoint.

God really is in the business of answering prayer!

1 comments:

Candi said...

I seem to put off getting ready for things thinking I have plenty of time. Funny how that time seems to slip away!