Friday, September 7, 2007

I love my church!

What a blessing it is to be a part of a church body! To give and receive. To love and to comfort. To share burdens and pour out blessings. There is just so much that the church does for one. I am so blessed to be a part of my church family.

Another blessing in my life has been my kids' school. It has been such an amazing experience. I love the community.....I love the teachers....the principal....the curriculum....the students....the fellow parents. It really has just been such an incredible thing in my life and the life of my kids.

What makes it twice as good for me....is that my church houses my kids' school. It has been so amazing to watch the relationship and dynamics that are involved in this arrangement. I get so excited about it. The school does so much to take care of the relationship with the church. Likewise, I see my church stepping out in ways to help the school. It has become a most unique relationship.

Today was a planning session for our Friends Women Exec at my house. We were planning out our budget for the following year and helping generate ideas for our monthly programs. I usually try not to say things too much about the school when I am involved in church things....and I try to not say too much about the church at school things. I want to be involved...yet I don't want to be too pushy or annoying about my allegiances. So...I was a little shocked when one of the ladies suggested that for our December meeting that we have a "shower" for the school.

I could have just cried. To hear of the support of my church family for our school is just so amazing. Of course, I had to say that I liked that idea because it was near to my heart! ( I hope that I didn't come across to crazy about it. I was trying to stay somewhat neutral.) Yet, it seemed like that the other ladies seemed excited about it too.

So...this is our plan. We are going to invite the school staff to our meeting in December. It will be a little party. I am to contact the teachers and find what kind of needs they have for their classrooms. I am going to write in on paper apples and decorate them on a tree. Then for our next couple of meetings, the ladies will be able to choose some things to purchase. I think this is such a neat idea for the church to get to know the school and the school to get to know the church. The more they know each other....the better things will continue to be.

I pray for my school and for my church. I hope this will be a blessing to both parties....as much as just the thought of it is a blessing to me. I was really touched by this....and I can hardly wait. What fun!

0 comments: