Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Spicy....Zesty Morning

Day 3 of Headache. Getting old.

**************************************************

Spicy. Zesty. Yeah...that is just the words that I would choose to describe my morning. I babysit toddlers from walking to age 2 at Community Bible Study in Tigard every Wednesday. We had 14 new kids in our group today....and 7 were missing....for a future total of 21!!. We could have a HUGE group this year. Being the first day of the year for CBS...the kids don't know us, we don't know the kids...and man...it can get a little spicy....zesty.

Yes, these are the words that our Boss Lady has asked us to describe our day to The Mothers if we should ever have a "crazy"...or "chaotic" day. Positive only. Spicy....Zesty. Hmmmmm....isn't there any other words that can put a positive spin on a day that really leaves you in a daze. My poor head....on day 3 of feeling like garbage....can't seem to come up with better adjectives. Any guesses?

The fun thing about babysitting at CBS....is the babies. I really do get to loving them. (It is just the first day that is just....WOW!!) There always seem to be at least one of them that really becomes attached to me...and me to them. I think I met my "One" today. His name is Ian. Cute little man with beautiful brown eyes and reddish hair. A doll. Two years ago, his brother became my Little Friend. His mom told me that he loved to come to CBS. As soon as she would mentioned CBS....he would say his form of "Christine." So cute. Ian is having some separation issues. So...he cried when I took him at first...but after reading books he settled in. BUT....he never let me wander very far. Most of the time he sat in my lap. He'd cry when I would get up to get him another cracker. Near the end he started to play independently; yet, when he would see me get up to change diapers, he would follow me around the room.....or hold my hand.

He's gonna steal my heart, I tell ya, with those gorgeous brown eyes. Heart breaker at the age of 1. Gotta love it.

0 comments: