Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Moms united in prayer are powerful!

Today is a day of power. Why? Today was our first prayer time for our Moms in Touch group at Sherwood MITCH Charter School for this school year. Oh how it lifts my spirits and makes me feel powerful! Prayer is a mighty thing. To call down the power and might of the precious Lord Jesus to descend upon the hearts and minds of our children is just so amazing. I will never cease to be amazed at what God does through this simple act of faith on the part of a mother.

I was just looking on the Moms in Touch website and was noticing the mission statement: Moms In Touch International impacts children and schools worldwide for Christ by gathering moms to pray. MITI....Do you see the highlighted letters? Phonetically, it is MIGHTY. Isn't that just the coolest? Moms united in prayer are mighty.....MITI! I just love it....I just love it.

One of the amazing things about praying with other moms is how much I come away feeling blessed. Here we are praying for our children, our teachers and our school....and I come away feeling the blessing of God in my life. I will admit that it was a little intimidating at first.... praying out loud in front of other people. Yet, there is just nothing else like it. I can't even begin to explain the experience. The unity and community that I feel with these other Moms is just so indescribably awesome.

And the things we have seen God do because of our prayers! How can I even begin to list them? Two years ago, our first year of praying for our kids, my friend prayed that her son would have an epiphany of sorts in regards to reading. He had been struggling a little. You know....he is an excellent student now...and he is reading above grade level. This mom no longer worries if her son will succeed in school or not. We give God the glory!

Last year, we prayed for some property that came up for sale next door to the church. We felt like that property was for our school. We didn't know how that was going to happen.....God did. You know, the church purchased that property this year. The church is now allowing our school to place portable classrooms on that very property. We give God the glory!

Near and dear to my heart....last year, we prayed for Caden. He can be such a shy boy. At the beginning of last year, he had two places that he wouldn't talk to his teachers....at all. At the beginning of the year, he wasn't talking to his kindergarten teacher....and had difficult times speaking for oral testing. We prayed and prayed...and slowly he began to whisper things to his teacher....and gradually it got to the point where he actually had to turn his warning card for talking in class! I never thought I would be excited that my child would get in trouble for talking in class....but he talked in class! I....WE GIVE GOD THE GLORY!

The other unique thing about our MITI group, is that we actually get to pray on the campus of our school. Why? Because the campus of our school, is first and foremost a church. It is God's house. It is an amazing thought that we get to call on the name of Jesus on the campus of our school....while our kids are in class. I love it. No other group has that option. It is just so cool....so cool.

As I was writing this entry, I received an email from our school secretary. She is a wonderful Christian lady. (Isn't that just so cool?) Our principal is a Christian as well. I just love it....I feel so blessed. Anyway....she just gave me the name of another lady who might be interested in Moms in Touch. I could just cry, I am so excited.

God is so good....and I give God the glory!

0 comments: