Thursday, September 13, 2007

I am a plagarist.

Plain and simple....I am totally stealing my idea for today's post from the blog of a friend. I don't think that she reads my blog....so she'll never know. ::::ducking behind the couch::::: Her idea was so good that I just had to do it myself. So....I will confess my sin right up front. If you feel like I must confess my sins to her....let me know and I will leave a message on her blog. Oy!

In the meantime, here I go.

Her idea was to start Thankful Thursday. Hmmm......I need to remember to be thankful. It is so easy to forget that.....to not take a moment and be thankful for the blessings that God has placed in our lives. So...I will try to remember to post at least 3 things that I am thankful for on each Thursday. (I'm getting a little up there in years....so I might forget....ugh).

  1. Today I am thankful that my son, Caden, came home from school today and was pretty happy. He has been so grumpy in the afternoons that I have been worried that school hasn't been going well. Every time that I would ask him if he was liking his teacher and if school was going well...he would say "I already told you that it was good....quit asking!" Got scorched a few times.
  2. I am thankful that in two weeks from today, I am headed out the door for women's retreat. That time away is such a blessing and I need it so desperately. Included in that, I am thankful that my good friend is going with me...and we have a great group of ladies who will be in our cabin. It is going to be fun! I am hoping that my friend, Meg, can join us. (hint...hint...)
  3. I am thankful for my house....my gift from Jesus that came in such an amazing way. It is nothing overly grand....but it fits us all to a T. I use to regularly thank my Jesus for this house...and I haven't done that in a while. So....thank you, Jesus.
Well...I think that is all for today. Do you care to join my in Thankful Thursday? Feel free to "borrow" my idea for your own blog....or leave me a thankful in my comments. Let's be thankful together!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I love the idea of Thankful Thursday!

So, I'll add my 3 things:

1) I am thankful that my husband has a good job, so we can afford for me to stay home with our daughter.

2) I'm thankful that God blessed us with our daughter--we waited a heck of a long time for her, and she's so worth it!

3) I'm thankful for good friends that remind me to daily be grateful for the little blessings God brings into our lives.

Thanks, friend!
K~