Thursday, September 20, 2007

God has some MITI (mighty) interesting plans!

Wooo.....weeee....God is on the move! Let me just tell ya......and it is going to be one interesting side show to be a part of. I am honored that God is allowing me the privilege of observing Him in action. Oh my....what a ride!!! I will never cease to be amazed at the incredible things that God can do. All I can do sometimes is to just sit back and say....Wow, God...that was AMAZING!!

Today was our Meet and Greet for my Moms in Touch group. We probably had 12 ladies there. I was just so excited that I forgot to count!! A couple of the ladies who were there were visiting from the grade school across the street. They want to start a group of their own and wanted to come for the meeting. How exciting to see other moms who are so interested in praying for their children. I am praying that this meeting today will help everyone to feel more comfortable with each other...and thus...more comfortable with praying. It is going to be a stellar year.

Yet, that wasn't the most amazing thing. The number is incredible....but God just goes over the top sometimes. One of the moms that came is a lady that I have met before. She is so incredibly involved and supportive of MITCH (our school). She is passionate about her school. She gives of her self and time for the school a lot. She is also NOT a believer. She has the symbols on the back of her car...those anti-Christian ones.....like the Darwin fish eating the Jesus fish...and one other that I can't recall. She makes no bones about her beliefs or lack there of.

I was so amazed that she came!! One of the ladies mentioned that K, this lady, thought about coming to our "Pray-around-the-campus Day." I had gotten the impression that the only reason she thought about coming was so that she could hang out with friends. Yet...she came today...to hear more about Moms in Touch. I was so blown away. As we went around the circle telling our names and what led us all to Moms in Touch...I was soooooo curious to what she would say.

Here was her introduction: "Hi, my name is K and I am the resident athiest at this school. I came to this meeting because I love MITCH and I love all things related to MITCH. I don't pray, but I will support anybody who does." Isn't that just so amazing that God would take this woman's love and passion for a public school to bring her to a Moms In Touch group? If she continues to come to our MIT group...she is going to hear scripture that talks about the amazing attributes of God. She is going to hear our testimonies. She is going to witness the incredible, awesome grace and power of our God working on behalf of our children. If she comes, every week she will sit in the presence of the Almighty as we call on His name on behalf of our kids and their schools. For where two or more are gathered in His name, HE IS THERE. If she comes...I predict that the love and grace of God will tear down her walls. Isn't that just going to be amazing to behold????

If you think about her, pray for her. Pray that her memory will not fail her every Thursday morning at 8:05. Pray that she is indescribably drawn to our MIT group. Pray that she will see and hear and believe in the precious name of Jesus. Pray.

0 comments: