Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Reminder to Praise

I was reminded today that I have been remiss in giving God the praise for something. I had taken note of a change in my life, but I had forgotten to give credit where credit is due. So to continue the theme of yesterday.....I need to give God the glory!

Those of you who read my blog will remember that a couple of days ago I was just thankful for my Luke and how he is growing and changing. We have just been having so much fun together while Daria and Caden are in school. If you had forgotten...you can go here. My friend reminded me today who is responsible for this change.

Luke, in the past, was my challenge boy. Last year at this time, we were in the throes of potty training....and it seemed like there were more steps backward than there were forward. He was being so stubborn. (I blamed it all on his Dad!) I was in tears....often.

A couple of years ago, at Family Camp of all places, I was observing some high school boys on the worship team. They were handsome young men.....looking "trendy" and "cool." I remember thinking: "Lord....that is what I want for my boys. I want them to be these cool, handsome, young men who are on fire for you." So...I have started praying for that.

For Luke, I have been praying that Luke would hear the call of God on his life at an early age. Not only that he would hear it....but that he would respond. That he would be a young boy who desired to do what is right because it was what God wanted of him. He's only 4 years old...but I am noticing a difference in him.

In my conversation with my friend today, she was mentioning how weird it was to drive away from the school with no children in the car. To go home, and do what needed to be done...with no children. I made a comment that I was looking forward to that experience.....but I also mentioned how much I was just enjoying my time with Luke and we were having so much fun. And she reminded me. "Christine....remember....we prayed about that."

To note the difference of where Luke and I were last year....to where we are today....all I can do is: GIVE GOD THE GLORY!!!

0 comments: