Monday, November 5, 2007

2..4...6...8...Who Do We Appreciate???

KYLE!!

Kyle...Kyle...He's our man.....if he can't do it no one can!!

Okay...I'll quit the goofiness now. I only take my cue from the man himself. Today is my nephew, Kyle's, birthday. Eleven years ago, today, I had the honor of witnessing his arrival into Planet Earth. I am sure that it would mortify him if I told you all that I saw him naked. So I won't.

Kyle is a pretty neat kid. My only wish is that I lived closer and I could be the "Cool Aunt" I always dreamed to be. He likes us all to think that he is a little shy.....but I think he is just teasing us. He can be quite the little ham. Here....let me show you.

As my mother would say, "The Apple doesn't fall too far from the Tree." In Kyle's instance, I am not sure if the Tree would mean his dad....or my mom....a.k.a.....The Gramminator. Nuf said.

Kyle is an awesome kid. I'm proud to be his aunt. He is a great baseball player....so I've heard. I haven't been fortunate enough to watch him play. But...from what I hear....he could be the next Up and Coming in the world of baseball. I hear that he does pretty good at basketball, too. Though, once again, I've been cheated out of witnessing that, too. He works hard at his homework, is a good student, and last I'd heard his Mom, Dad, Grammy, Papa, Auntie, and Uncle were pretty proud of him

He loves the Denver Broncos. He's even been on TV!!! At least I think it was him....it was some kid with weird, blue and orange hair. Whoever it was, was standing next to my Dad and brother in law. He doesn't seem to mind watching the Boise State Broncos, either. Must be a blue and orange thing. Weird color combo if you ask me!

I enjoy being with Kyle. He is a sweet kid. He is probably going to disown me if he ever sees all the mushy stuff I've written about him. I could go on and on in my tribute. But, I think I will stop now. He may not let me stay in his room at Thanksgiving at the rate that I'm going now. I think I may have to sweeten him up with something. Who knows what I might find in my bed? Yikes.

Sorry, Kyle. Hope I haven't embarrassed you. I just wanted to wish you a Happy Birthday!! I think you are one of the neatest kids around. I love watching you become the man that God has called you to be. I love you.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kippy,

What an awesome tribute to Kyle. You really did a great job. We had fun celebrating his birthday this weekend. Dad

Tresa said...

Kyle had me read this out loud to him when I showed him your precious birthday wishes...he couldn't figure out why my voice was all wobbly while I read. :) He did ask how many people would be reading all about him...and seeing his goofy picture. He had a slight smile as I read, loving the attention I believe. What a special birthday wish.

We celebrated with Red Robin today...the whole staff sang quite loud and obnoxiously! We thought of you and wished you were there to join us!

He loved the Star War legos...you should have seen his smile when he ripped open the wrapping paper. Good gift!

Love you...
Tresa

Anonymous said...

What beautiful birthday wish for Kyle -- you are a totally "cool aunt" and I am so thankful for you in our lives!!!

Love you,
Ken