Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Redemption

I'm tired. Today was my very long day. For the most part, I don't mind being busy. In my heart, though, I like to be at home. Today...I was dashing.....and it wasn't in a one-horse open sleigh. (sounds fun, though) This morning, we left the house around 7:45. Dropped kids off at school. Drove to Community Bible Study. Home for a quick bite of lunch. Drop Luke off at sitters. Work at school for 2 hours. Home for a brief break for snack and prep for soccer practice. Dash to soccer practice. (Thankfully it is indoors!!!!)

I don't know how working moms manage to do it all. To work all day and then come home when your tired to do homework, extracurricular activities, cook dinner, laundry, clean house, etc....etc...etc. I'm exhausted just typing that all out!! I am thankful that I am able to be home with my kids. To be able to volunteer in their schools. To keep my house (relatively) clean. I just don't think that I was ever cut out to be a SuperMom.

As I was dashing around trying to locate Daria's soccer gear, I began to think about dinner. I knew I didn't have time to prepare anything before we dashed out the door. We wouldn't have time to eat it even if I could get it prepared. I knew that it would be after 6:00 before we got home....and it would probably be close to 7:00 before we could eat it. Ugh. That just sounded miserable.

I emailed Tim my dilemma....hoping for a rescue. Did my man pull through? You betcha!! On Wednesday nights, the Newberg KFC offers a great deal on their LapTop meals. For under $2, you can get 2 chicken strips, a biscuit, one side, Teddy Grahams, and a drink. Not bad. So, my sweet hubby picked those up for dinner. My kids thought that was pretty stinkin' cool. Me, too.

Tasted so good, too. Love a meal I don't have to cook or clean up after. Guess now with all my "free" time, I better make lunches for tomorrow. Set out clothes for school. Prep for Moms In Touch. Do some PAC work. Probably should help get the kids in bed, too. Then, maybe I can finally relax.

Tim likes to tease that all I do all day is lay around, watching TV, eating bon bons.

Whatever.

0 comments: