Thursday, November 8, 2007

Count Your Blessings

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.


Will you be surprised at what the Lord hath done? My thought is that if we are consistently taking time to be thankful...to name our blessings one by one....we shouldn't be surprised. God is faithful. He delights in showing mercy.

This week, as I take the time to be thankful in this month of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:

  • Super Student of the Month Awards! Daria received a SSMA this month. Caden received one last month, but I didn't take note of it too much because it just came home as something in his D.O.G. (Daily Organizational Guide). This month, the school must have gotten smart and they invited parents to come to an assembly. I am very proud of Daria....and Caden, too. I love to see that my kids are doing well.
  • Failed piano lessons! (oops...did I really say that???) Daria didn't have a very good lesson last Friday. So, it has encouraged her to be a better practicer this week. Her teacher gave her a Christmas song last week and she almost has the right hand part memorized already. I felt bad that she had a bad lesson....but I think that it needed to happen. She should have a very good lesson this week.
  • Caden getting a 100% on one of his spelling tests this week. What an answer to prayer!! He has been doing so much better lately on his spelling. I really think that he is starting to grasp it a lot better now. He rarely misses more than one or two. Caden is also doing a lot better with his reading. I checked out some early readers from our church library for him to read. He can read through one in a couple of minutes. The pride and confidence he feels when he reads through one is so fun to see. He seems to really be developing a love for reading. Another answer to prayer!!
  • A warm house. As the weather is starting to go back to dreary and cold....I am thankful for my house...and for money to keep it warm. It just reminded me of the blessing that my house is to me. Thank you, Jesus.
As you noticed, I have chosen not to participate in the "Big Thankful Thursday" group. As much as I enjoyed having comments left that day, it felt weird to have comments from strangers. I am going to continue to be thankful on Thursdays, I am just not going to post my blog on the Big Thankful Thursday website.

Take a moment and be surprised. Be thankful!

0 comments: