Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Day to Rejoice!

This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Thankful Thursday has arrived again. Last Thursday, I began reading in my latest Guidepost. It seemed so appropriate that I read that very night an article titled, "The Power of Gratitude" by Stephen Post. He listed 5 health benefits that come from having a grateful spirit. After reading that article, I could hardly wait until today to write another thankful post and share these benefits with you.

  1. DEFENDS. Just 15 minutes a day focusing on the things you're grateful for will significantly increase your bodies antibodies. (Come on....kick that nasty cold....give thanks!)
  2. SHARPENS. Naturally grateful people are more focused mentally and measurable less vulnerable to clinical depression. (I'll witness to that....Amen!)
  3. CALMS. A grateful state of mind induces a physiological state called resonance that's associated with healthier blood pressure and heart rate. (okay, Peace, here I come....)
  4. STRENGTHENS. Caring for others is draining. But grateful caregivers are healthier and more capable than less grateful ones. (Maybe I can be a better Mom....)
  5. HEALS. Recipients of donated organs who have the most grateful attitudes heal faster. (Surely that means others would heal faster, too!)
So....what do we have to lose from being grateful? Sounds like nothing to me. So...let's give thanks together!

  • I am so thankful that God answered my prayers to keep my mouth in check last night. I was doing the little happy dance last night as I went to bed. My MIT group told me that I needed to give myself a gold star! I think I will just settle with giving God a glorious high five!!!
  • I am thankful that the Trunk or Treat was a success. Things really just went nice and smooth. I had more help than I had anticipated with set up...and clean up. We had lots of participation from the church and community. My kids had a blast....and so did I. I think I will have to chalk it up as a complete success.
  • I am thankful that my kids managed to wake up this morning with no difficulties. We had smiles....and there were no arguments. Praise God!!! Nuf said on that topic!!
So...cheers to another Thankful Thursday. May you take a moment out of your busy day to pamper yourself. Be thankful!

0 comments: