Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Ultimate Thankful Thursday

It won't be me that makes this the Ultimate Thankful Thursday. Or the things that I say. It is purely the fact that today is Thanksgiving Day. Several hundred years ago, the Pilgrims sat down to a feast that was provided with the help of the Indians. The Pilgrims had a tough row to hoe in those early days. If we were to compare our abundance today with the abundance that they gave thanks for....I'm not sure I would have been so thankful. It takes me to task, that's for sure. I have been blessed with so much. What a wonderful exercise it has been for me to take time each week to express my thanks to my God for his wonderful blessings in my life. It has done my heart good to keep that thankful spirit at the forefront of my mind. '

With those thoughts here are some things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving Day:

  • I am thankful for dry roads as we traveled to South Idaho for Thanksgiving. It had snowed a day or so before we left and I was worried about ice in the pass. I was just praising Jesus as we drove over the roads and things didn't look slippery at all. I guess I've gotten a little worrisome as I've gotten older and taken on the role of Mother. It is peaceful to lay those concerns at the feet of Jesus and see his provision.
  • I am thankful for my parents....for the sacrifices that they made along the way for me and my sister. I wouldn't be who I am today without their love, prayers, and guidance.
  • I am thankful for my sister. Though we fought more times that I could probably count, she was also my best friend. No other non-parental person in my life loved me more through my faults than she did. She was my faithful encourager then...and now.
  • I am thankful for my sweet husband. He has put up with more garbage from me than any man really should. I am amazed at his patience with his wacked out wife. He is my friend, my love, my support. I love him very much.
  • I am thankful for my children. I am thankful for their health. I am thankful for their smiles. I am thankful that they are doing so well in school. I am truly a blessed mom. At times, I feel overwhelmed as a mom....but when I compare my situation to others....I have no complaints. I have been truly blessed.
  • I am thankful for my church family. I can't even begin to name the ways that they have blessed me. They have walked beside me in so many areas. They have encouraged me to be more than I am right now. What a joy it is to worship with them from week to week.
  • I am thankful for my friends. I know that I am not the best of people. Yet, my friends still hang around. Isn't that gracious? Each one of them encourages me and supports me in different ways and that is such a blessing.
  • I am so thankful for my Moms In Touch ladies. That hour of prayer with them each week has become such a highlight in my week. The riches of that time is so amazing.
  • I am thankful for Tim's job that provides us with enough money for our beautiful home. For food to eat. For money to buy extras.
  • And for all these things, I am thankful for my Jesus....who the ultimate gift to me...and to you. He gave his life for our salvation. That is the most ultimate thing to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving, Friends. You are a blessing to me.

0 comments: