Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thankful Thursday!

The simple meaning of 'Thanksgiving' is the expression of gratitude and the giving of thanks. The Thanks Giving Day is simply directed towards the Almighty. God has created all of us and He has provided all the necessary things for our survival in this world. No matter how tough our life could be but He is always there to take care of us and to give us all the good things. So we express our gratitude towards Him and thank him for the kindness and blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon us. To praise Him we verbally express admiration towards Him to honor and glorify His greatness with prayers and songs. At the heart of the celebration of Thanks Giving is the idea of giving thanks for the goodness of the season past.

I found the above quote on a website dedicated to Thanksgiving. I put the emphasis on the one sentence. November is the month that we normally turn our thoughts towards being thankful. All of our blessings in life come from God alone. Life can get touch sometimes....but God is faithful. Let us give thanks!

  • Today I am thankful for precious memories. It was fun yesterday to take myself back in my memories and be reminded of the blessings of my family. The rich heritage that is involved there is overwhelming at times. I am thankful for where I have come from.
  • I am thankful for my Network of Moms at our school. Because of them, I am able to help out today at the 1st grade Harvest Party. We are doing a childswap today. One will watch while two work...and then rotate. Yeah!!
  • I am thankful that the portable classrooms were put into place this week. The end is in sight and my daughter will have a permanent classroom...and the school can have their lunchroom back! I am thankful also to all the donors of money, time, materials, and skills that is allowing this to happen. It is so exciting!!
Thanksgiving is officially a week from today. Yet, we don't need to wait a week in order to be thankful. Let's get a head start on everyone else...and start today!

Blessings!

1 comments:

Hannah said...

Too funny... I don't read your blog often, but just this morning popped back in for a quick look and noticed Thankful Thursday, so went back and read all of your thankful posts. I am glad the idea is catching on.

Have a very happy Thanksgiving!