Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Procrastination

I feel like I have been airing a lot of dirty laundry lately. I might as well continue the trend. It's not like I am getting any better! I will never claim to be something I am not....it isn't worth it. The truth comes out eventually. Might as well own up to it.

I am a Procrastinator.

Always have been and always will be.

Today is no different. We are headed out of town tomorrow for the big Thanksgiving weekend. There is usually a lot that needs to be done in order to get ready to go. One would think that I have a personal maid or something for the way that I have been ignoring that To-Do List. No....I do not have the luxury of having a personal maid, laundress, housekeeper, or cook. Just me. No one else. If it wasn't for the fact that I am Me....I'd fire me. On the spot.

Slowly, today, I have done a couple of loads of laundry. Slowly I have managed to clean up the kitchen. Slowly, I have managed to clean one bathroom. One left to go. I haven't even touched the packing. Well.....that isn't completely true. I've pulled one suitcase and the overnight bag out of the closet. That is as far as I have gotten. Period.

So, if I don't get my tail a movin', who in the world is going to finish cleaning that one bathroom? Who is going to vacuum the living room? Who is going to scrub the kitchen sink and sweep the floor? Who is going to pack for 4 1/2 people? (Tim is the 1/2 person....I pack the basics....he adds the extras. He is capable enough to handle at least that much!) Who is going to cook us some dinner?

Sad. This is just plain sad, folks. When this mama goes on strike, nothing gets done. And I do mean nothing. Oh wait....I spoke too soon. When this mama goes on strike....disaster happens. One disaster right after another. My family is content with that. Don't ask me why....they are just too stinkin' content with that. Tim calls that my job security. Yep. Ain't he sympathetic? He just pats me on the shoulder...smirks that ornery little smirk...and informs me that it is job security. I know that I will never be without a job here in my household. I don't think I could get myself fired if I tried! And trust me, I've tried!

Rats.

I think that I have now ran out of excuses for procrastinating. That is the one bad thing about procrastinating. It eventually comes to bite you in the rear. Every time.

You'd think I'd learn.

0 comments: