Saturday, November 10, 2007

My Sweet Hubby

A few weeks ago, I confessed my obsession with Fleece clothing. If you have forgotten, you can go here. Fleecewear is the only redeeming thing about the cold of Fall and Winter. There is nothing better than snuggling up in a warm, fleecy shirt. It is just like wearing a warm, fluffy blanket. At the time of that post, I had just purchased a new fleece shirt from ll Bean. I hadn't worn it yet, but I was drooling over it. Since then, I have had several opportunities to wear it...and I love it.

On the internet shopping excursion I had that found the shirt from ll Bean, I had checked the site for Old Navy. Apparently they hadn't posted any of their fleecewear yet. Well, the other day, in a moment of bored inspiration, I looked on Old Navy's website. They had some fleece shirts that were similar to the one I found at ll Bean. The great thing was that they were $10 cheaper! Hmmm.....

I have been waiting for the longest time to hear the announcement of the grand opening of the new Old Navy that was due to arrive in our neighboring town of Tualatin. I have been frustrated that I hadn't heard anything. When I found those shirts, I decided to see if they were open. Their website listed them as a location...but didn't say if they were open. I went there yesterday....and they were OPEN!! Yippee.

I went in, found my shirts and picked out a couple. They aren't as thick as the one from ll Bean....but they still felt delicious. I really didn't pay much attention to the total cost when they rung me up, because I was paying with a gift card....and the kids were distracting me. I only had to pay $5 over the gift card amount. As I was driving home, I did a mental calculation. I didn't think my card was that much money....so I looked at the receipt. Those shirts were only TEN DOLLARS A PIECE!!! I just about drove off the road! I'd have bought more if I'd realized.

Last evening, I shared my bargain hunting with my keep-my-hand-on-my-money-at-all-cost hubby. (He particularly hates spending money on food and clothes!) I was bemoaning that I'd have purchased more colors if I had known. On our way to our bi-weekly Family Date to Costco, Tim asked me how late Old Navy was open. I didn't know. Well...blow me down....he offered to swing by on our way home and I could buy some more.

And he did!! He didn't even hardly blink an eye as I picked out four more shirts. Isn't he just a sweetie? He won't be surprised to find me snuggled up in one of them this morning. As I feel the warmth of my new fleece shirt wrapped around me, I think I will just imagine it as a hug from my man. I think every once in a while he likes to surprise me with things like this just so that he can keep me off balance and stay "unpredictable." Whatever. I still think he is pretty awesome.

Thanks, Babe!

0 comments: