Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thankful Thursday

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
~Meister Eckhart

I seem to be at a loss for words today. Not that I am not thankful. I just don't know how to start. I love the quote above. I saw it on the Mutts comic strip this past Sunday. I was going to post a link to it....but it isn't available online yet. It kind of gets me to thinking. The words "Thank you" can really mean a whole bunch of things, can't it? There is so much that could be packed into those 2 simple words. They definitely have the ability to pack a powerful punch.

Today I am thankful for:

  • people in my life who help me to carry my load. For Patty, who watches Luke so I can volunteer at school. For Nancy, who watches our kids while we pray at Moms In Touch. For my kids' Sunday school teachers, who help to teach my kids' about the love God has for them. For people who take the time to drop me an encouraging word. What would I do without them all?
  • Technology that makes it easier to carry my load. For washing machines that wash my clothes. For dishwashers that clean my dishes. For the internet, that puts me in contact with family and friends at the touch of a button. For ovens and stoves, that cooks my food. For a good, well-running van to carry us to and fro. And for TVs that allow a Mom a few moments of quiet.
  • A nation that allows me the freedom to worship my God when I want. The freedom to pray when and where I want. A freedom to be who we were called to be in Christ Jesus.
Have you been thankful today?

0 comments: