Friday, November 2, 2007

Trunk or Treat: The Results

It is a little late in coming...but the final results for Trunk or Treat are IN!! I would have to rate the evening a whopping 5 star event. It really was a good evening. I was so pleased with how it went. God really did a good job helping that event along. I guess the best way to tell about the evening is to just show it with a few pictures. These are just a few of the highlights.

Luke was a power ranger. Found it at the bargain price of $3.74 at Goodwill. He never could remember what he was....so he was asking me all the time. He loved wearing it. I think he slept in it at least two nights. In the picture he is hording his tickets to turn into prizes. He is the one who gets the most pumped up about the candy and the prizes....but he came home with the least. He just got so excited when he would get a little that he would stop to "rejoice." I am sure that one of these days he will "catch on" that he should collect first....stop to admire later. He definitely did more than admire his candy. I think he ate at least half of his stash that night. Tim was suppose to be on Parent Patrol....but he was too busy taking pictures, I think. After him waking up crying three times that night, I asked Tim yesterday if Luke had eaten anything decent at the party. His reply: "I don't know....I didn't feed him!" Ugh.

Caden was a pirate this year....along with just about every other boy there. It was definitely the popular costume of the year. Once again, I found this at bargain prices at Goodwill. Next year, I think we need to hit that sooner so that we have a better options. Caden was in heaven this night. He came home with the most candy and prizes than probably Daria and Luke combined. He is definitely a horder (like his Mom). He was a man on a mission that night. He was out to collect as much candy and prizes as he could. He only ate ONE piece that night. He was much too busy gathering his booty to stop and enjoy it then. Smart man.

Daria was dressed in a poodle skirt outfit. She looked cute....though not the cutest right there. She had a blast that night. She definitely enjoys a good party. She was helpful setting things up...and cleaning up afterwards. Dad wasn't doing such a good job taking Luke around trunk or treating....so I sent Luke off with her. She seemed glad to do it. The silly girl, though, was too busy to put shoes on to go outside. I had just picked the kids up after school since I was there setting up for the party. She changed into her costume...but chose not to put on her shoes. It had to be below 50 degrees that night....but little girlie went around barefoot. She complained of cold feet...but didn't like my suggestion of putting on shoes. Too busy, I guess. If you notice the blond "girl" next to her....that is our neighbor boy. He is wearing one of Daria's dresses. He made a pretty cute girl! It was so funny. I was amazed he had the courage to do it!

Here I am in the back of my trunk passing out candy. I love that part of the evening. It is when I finally get to stop...and watch all the little kids all dressed up and excited about the candy. I love Trunk or Treats. My kids still get their stash of candy....and I know everyone they are getting them from. Everyone has a great time decorating their cars/trunks for the evening, too. Below are some pictures of a couple of my favorites!

This gal's was fabulous. It is a mine shaft. Didn't she do just great??? She won our grand prize of the evening.....$10 to Papa Murphy's and $5 to Blockbuster!!



This once was pretty great, too. It looks like the car is "alive." When someone would walk by...the trunk would lift and scare the kids. I was parked close to them and I just laughed and laughed.

Here is my friend, Shannon, and I. She was my co-planner of the event. I am so thankful for her creativity and her organizational skills. I have the drive and passion....she has a lot of the knowledge and creativity. I think we work pretty well together. I guess you could say that we are the Queens of Trunk or Treat. (Though...she is really dressed as a fairy.) It really was a great night. Even though, I didn't hardly sleep at all that night....and I am still wiped out....I am already looking forward to next year!!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

Way to go Kippy! You have even gotten me thinking of what I could do next year for my own kids. Your kids have sure grown. It sure makes everything worth it when you see the kids having fun doesn't it.

your cuz
Jennie

Christine said...

Hey girlfriend...

So good to hear from you. I'm glad that you found me. It does make it all worthwhile. It is fun...and safe.

Miss you and love you....

Anonymous said...

Trunk or Treat was awesome! Great job Christine!