Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Successes

Good news to report today as I am quickly rising up to hurricane force speeds. I'm not sure if they have ever named an hurricane Christine....but they will today. I have been praying that the Lord would help me keep my words nice today. Stress tends to make me wig out....and then I am not so patient and nice to my family. Ugh. I was a little testy last night and I had to do a truckload of repenting. Here was the scripture God gave me this morning: "To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was give me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficent for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12: 7-8.

On a positive note, I was able to find some orange crepe paper today. I stopped at Party Depot...and I picked up the very last one. I wanted more....but oh well. I guess I will deal with what is. The lesson in this instance.....buy crepe paper earlier. The only thing is...I didn't know until Sunday evening that I was out of orange crepe paper. Writing my self a note for next year, I am.

The other success today was finally getting a latte at Starbucks! Woo hoo. I even tried a new flavor this morning....Cinnamon Dolce. It might just become my new current fave. I felt a little gun shy going to the counter. It was quiet for that time of the morning...so I thought for sure they would have issues. But...no. It tasted good on the morning of My Most Busy Day.

I took just a moment to write these thoughts down. It is my only down time between now and probably sometime after 10:00 tonight. If I can get things all set up....it should be a good evening. I am sure I will report in tomorrow!

Stay safe....and have fun tonight!

0 comments: