Monday, December 10, 2007

Crack. Me. Up.

Just as I finished up my last posting, I was given one of the best Luke-isms that I've had in a long time. He laid it in my lap just like it was a gift fit for a king. He is such a funny little man. His logic is so Four-Years-Old....yet he can present it like a world-renown criminal lawyer.

I have been drilling into my kids about picking up after themselves. They have the nastiest habit of throwing their bowls, cups, plates, and snack wrappers onto the floor. I would be one wealthy woman if I was given even one penny for each time I have talked with them about putting things away...or throwing their garbage away. Anyway....as I was sitting here, getting ready to start on dinner, Luke comes in and throws away his wrapper from his snack. I was a little startled, to say the least. So, in order not to go overboard, I casually say, "Nice job." He turns, looks at me so criminal lawyerishly, with his hands on his hips, and says:

"Sometimes I do...and sometimes I don't."

Words cannot even begin to describe the moment, his look, his tone, his so matter-of-factness. I just cracked up. Seemed like a good thing to share. Blogs are a good way to remember....'cause I'm getting old!

1 comments:

Candi said...

Too funny!!

I like putting little things like that on my blog, too.