Saturday, December 15, 2007

They Got It Wrong

I posted a link to Baby Blues the other day. It was so appropriate to my 100th post. Today's Baby Blues was pretty good too. The only thing is that they got it a little bit wrong.

I love the end of the day, when my kids are in bed and the house is quiet and I can do whatever I want without kids bugging me about this, that, or the other thing. When I take breaks in the middle of the day, they never really work. When Mom sits, that seems to be the perfect invite for a request. Mom...can I have a drink of milk? Mom, snack time. Mom, I need a blankie. The list could go on and on. True peace in a day is a rare thing.

That is why today's Baby Blues has hit me just right. Except....they are depicting the Dad in this roll. In MY household, it would be completely me. I swear, at times, that Tim must be invisible when he is home. He can be in the kitchen pouring himself a glass of milk; and, the kids will find me, sitting on the couch in the living room, and ask me to get them a glass of milk. Amazingly, Dad can pour milk just as good as I can. Imagine that.

So...the creators of Baby Blues once again stole my thoughts. (Maybe I can sue them for copyright infractions!) They must have been protecting themselves by mixing things up a little by using the Dad instead of the Mom. So...enjoy another glimpse into my day.

Remember to click on BABY BLUES.

0 comments: