Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Summer Revisited

The weather has been nasty lately. Literally there are cities under water in our area. We had a little bit of sunshine yesterday...but today has been foggy and dark. I miss the bright, warm sunshine of summer. Since I can't have the warm, sunny days of summer, I thought that I would revisit them.

When I was in high school, my wacked-out youth leaders (aka: my parents) had a Beach Party in the middle of the winter. We dressed in summer wear and posed in our bathing suits outside....standing in several inches of snow. Weird, huh? Yep. Wished that I had a picture of that on my computer to show you. We did have a lot of fun.

Well, here, it is wet outside. No snow...and none in the forecast. Bummer. So...let's have a beach party. How? Just thought I would do a Picture Trip through summer. The following pictures are from our summer vacation to North Idaho. Shall we visit warmer days together? Come along with me......

This first picture was taken on top of Mineral Ridge, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. We had just climbed to the top and seemed like a good photo opp. Aren't they cute???

I think I could easily title this one "Generational Sin." Can't you just see it all? There's Grammy...shooting M&M's into Kyle's mouth. Then there is Kyle acting like a true snarker. Ha! Now...I realize the generational thing takes a DNA leap here. There is no DNA connection between Grammy and Ken there....but do you see his sneaky little hand there? He's so innocent, isn't he? He's only filling Grammy's hood with pine cones. Hmmmmm......


This is the gorgeous view from Mineral Ridge looking over Lake Coeur d'Alene. Pretty, huh?

Then we were off to Round Lake. Our God sighting of the day was this moose and her baby. I thought they were a tad foolish getting so close. Tim couldn't pass up an opportunity to get a picture. This isn't the closest picture....but it does show family.


Thanks to Uncle Ken....Caden got to enjoy a little fishing. He had a blast. I don't remember if he caught anything...but he was in heaven!


Isn't it gorgeous? This picture just makes me ache for warmer days! Makes me wish for freer schedules, too......


This year, when we went to Round Lake, it wasn't nearly as warm as last year. So, I didn't go swimming. Luke didn't seem to mind the cooler temperatures. He just had a truck load of fun!


The next day, we were off to Lake Pend Oreille. It is a huge lake...and very deep. Thus this lake never gets very warm. It does have a great little bay to swim in. The temps were still not very warm....so it made the water feel colder. Kyle's expression says it all.


Because the water was so cold, the challenge of the day was to see who could go in the furthest. Here is Caden's attempt. He's marking on his belly how far in he went. It was so cold that he would come gasping out to show us.


Eventually he had to beat every one out there in getting wet. Do you see that his level has now risen to his neck line. If you think that is good....just wait....

Here Caden is getting ready to take the full plunge.

Success!! He made it all the way in.....only to come dashing out as fast as he could because it was so cold. I didn't download the picture....but Kyle couldn't be beat by Caden. He soon took the plunge, too.


Finally....here is Luke reveling in his Great Find for the day. He is just so thrilled. Really? All it is a cup of rocks. Oh to go back to the days when we could be so easily pleased.

Hope you enjoyed a moment in the sun with me. I feel a little cheerier already!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ey Kip.

I enjoyed visiting summer also. It was a wonderful time. Maybe we should do Round Lake for a winter picnic over the holidays.

Love,
Dad

Tresa said...

It would be great to see pictures of our beach party in the winter! I hadn't thought of that in ages! :)

Loved the summer pictures. It was fun being reminded of our vacation together! Aren't those kids the cutest?! :)

Love you...hope you get some sunshine soon!