Monday, December 17, 2007

Whirlwind Days

December 17. At least I think it is still technically December 17. By the clock in my kitchen, I have about 14 minutes left until midnight. Then the calendar will officially become December 18 for me. For some people, these are panic days. Last minute shopping, wrapping, and scurries here and there.

This year, for me, feels a little panicky. I don't like that so much. This past weekend has been full to the brim of things, stuff, and more things. After a full weekend, a full day of shopping with a four-year old, and busy life on top of it, my body feels like it is giving out on me; but, as I laid my head on the pillow tonight, my mind began to pick up steam (an inherited trait. Thanks, Mom). After flip-flopping for 45 minutes, I decided I would try and air some of the stuff that was clouding up my mind and see if it would allow me to go to sleep. I told Tim the other day that I loved blogging because I feel better when I am done. Hoping for the same results when I am done here tonight.

So, here I sit, sipping on egg nog, processing my day...er, days. I look forward to when my last present has been purchased and wrapped and I can truly soak in the spirit of Christmas. Yet, the hub-bub of the last couple of days have been fun. Tiring. But fun. Thursday night was the kids' school concerts. They did so good. It was just awesome. I teared up so many times watching Caden sing. He has come so far. If you notice in the picture. He is actually singing!! Yeah. Isn't he just so cute? And Daria is singing with gusto, too. So cute.


On Sunday, the kids sang in church. Luke was quite the little character. Now that Caden is doing so well with his singing, I will need to start concentrating my prayers on Luke. Here's why:

If you notice his scowl, that was pretty much how he was through the entire performance. He caused quite the chuckle. I was hoping that Tim had gotten a better picture of it....but this will do. Gotta love the little dude.

Daria did well, too. She had a featured part in one of the songs. She gets a tad nervous up there, but she did great. She's looking so grown up. How can that be????

Then there is sweet Caden. He's got his eyes dead set on me in the audience. I think that was his survival technique. Yet, rejoice again, he is singing!

Saturday afternoon/evening was spent at the church helping to set up for our Night in Bethlehem. Then after church on Sunday, we finished setting up and then spent 3 hours participating in that. Aren't we cute?

I thought that Tim's headdress was a little ridiculous. I wanted to chuckle every time I saw him. I hate to say that he doesn't really cut it for a Bethlehem Dude.

The evening was pretty neat, though. Lots of people commented on it and from my quick walk through on the evening....it was pretty awesome. I think it gave people a real taste of what it could have been like. Tim got some really great pictures....but I will only post a couple.

We had some real donkeys walking around the premises. They actually came INTO the church. Yikes. Much to my dislike. Donkeys are too close to horses and I will stay away, thank you. My daughter, on the other hand, found it a delight that she was the first one to take a walk around the church on a donkey.
Here is me, doing my job. I was one of the census takers.


And of course, I had to add a picture of Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus. Well, they really aren't the real ones, but they had fun playing them. It was kind of fun that "Mary" was a flash from my past. She is Wendee Selby Lewis and her family. They were quite the troopers of the evening. People were really touched. (oh...and..."Jesus" is actually a precious little girl!! Isn't she cute?)

Well, that is a little pictorial taste of my weekend. I wished that I had pictures of my evening tonight. Our church shower for my kids' school was tonight. It was emotional for me. (goodness) I think the teachers that came were touched....and pleased. It was a lot of fun.

Now that I have unloaded my thoughts, I am hoping that I can now fall asleep. It is officially December 18. One week to Christmas. Less days than that to finish all that I have to do. To those who are ready for Christmas. Ppppffffttttt on you!

0 comments: