Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy 100th To Me!!

Can you believe that, today, I have reached my 100th post?? That's right, this very post is my 100th post! If you have read every single one of my posts, then you are either completely insane, bored out of your mind....or you just love me a whole lot!

When I noticed that I was getting close to my 100th post, I tried to think of something fun to do in a way of celebrating. You know, usually something grand is done when something/someone reaches the grand number of 100. My friend, Candi, for her 100th post, did a give away. She left it open for a week and she did a drawing out of everyone who left a comment. The winner was sent a package of some of her Favorite Things....kind of like Oprah. I thought that might be fun. You all know that the winner would be sent a fleece shirt! How boring is that! Anyway...it seemed like too much hassle with all the holiday hub-bub going on. (In other words, I am just plain lazy and I didn't want to copy-cat!)

So, I was left in a quandary. How do I "celebrate" my 100th post? I thought about doing a "census" of sorts. I am playing the roll of a census taker at our church's "A Night in Bethlehem" production this Saturday...it could be good practice. If I took a census, then maybe I could see who all was reading my wandering thoughts. But....I am sure that there would be several that would remain anonymous. When one of my other blog-friends did a roll call, I stayed anonymous. Silly. So...if I stayed anonymous, I am sure that there would be several out there who would remain anonymous too. So, I bunked that idea.

Here is how I solved my 100th post quandary. I did a google search the other night on "100 ways." It was really interesting to see the different websites that came up with "100 ways" of this....and "100 ways" of that. Some were pretty amusing. I thought that I would give you a taste of some of the ones that tickled my funny bone.

The first site that pops up is a list of "100 Ways to Order Pizza." Too funny. It struck me right off the bat, because my sister had this guy-friend who, when he ordered pizza, would say his name was Buford. Over the loud speaker, we'd hear: "Pizza for Buford. Buford, your pizza is ready." You'd think that he would be embarrassed. Nope. Not even close. He reveled in making others uncomfortable. Here is option number 1: If using a touch-tone, press random numbers while ordering. Ask the person taking the order to stop doing that. Or...how about #5: Terminate the call with, "Remember, we never had this conversation." As you read the rest of the list, you can tell that someone had way too much time on their hands! Maybe the next time that I'm bored, I'll try that. I think I would have to be pretty darn bored, though.

My next favorite "100 Ways" site was called "100 Ways to Reduce Stress: Self Help for Women. I was so optimistic. It seems like I have been so stressed out. I thought that maybe I could do some Public Health announcement on my blog for my 100th post. Then, I read the first entry. #1. Get up 15 Minutes earlier. I think I snorted peach ice tea out my nose when I read that one! What. Ever. Some of the options were quite good; and, I was pleased to see that I was implementing some of them in my life. I totally agreed with #3, Avoid Tight Fitting Clothes. Right on. Especially during the month of December. Then, I couldn't help but say "Amen, to #73: Meet your own needs. In my house, if I don't meet my own needs....then it just doesn't happen. I'm sure that if I was cut and bleeding to death, my family would stand around, asking me when I was going to clean up that mess. The real corker of the list though, was #100 itself: STOP COUNTING THINGS. Maybe that means, I shouldn't be writing this post right now.

Not to be outdone, there is also a site for "100 Way to live forever--Men's Health." For some reason, this list wasn't nearly as amusing. It seemed to be a more practical....like...drink more water, eat more steak, take your vitamins, exercise, touch your wife, have more sex, la..la...la. I just about quit reading because I was bored until I got down to #49: Pee in the bushes. Yep, that is what is says. It even has a nice little description of why:
After studying 40 people with heart disease, researchers at Taiwan University in China found that the stress of having a full bladder increases heart rate by an average of 9 beats per minute and constricts the flow of blood by 19 percent. Either could be enough to trigger a heart attack, says study author Tsai Chang-Her, M.D. See?? Not peeing in the bushes could cause a heart attack!! Won't Luke be proud to know that he was a pioneer in the field of Bush Peeing? He should live a long and healthy life.

I also looked at the website for "100 Ways to cut 100 Calories." I thought...GREAT....two 100's for the price of 1. No good. This post is taking me so long to write because I've got hands over my eyes and fingers in my ears. Too hard to type that way. Whatever.

There seems to be endless 100 Ways to do a 100 different things. You can annoy people, love people, escape influenza, and organize your life. You can confuse your roommate, save the environment, and say Merry Christmas in 100 different languages. The list seems endless. In fact, Google says that it came up with about 15,700,000 hits on the phrase "100 Ways" in about 0.03 seconds.

Whew. Now that's a lot. Aren't you glad that I didn't take the time to list all the other things in my life that I've done 100 times? You only had to read my 100th post....and that's enough.

Happy 100th to You! Thanks for reading my blog.

1 comments:

Candi said...

You are so clever...I loved your 100th post!!